4th time. 7 day dry fast. No food no water for 7 days.
I felt it was time for another reset on all levels, to transition into a new chapter in my life. Mentally, emotionally, physically, spiritually.
As always, there is so much I learn in that process. How simple it is: I actually don't need to DO anything, it costs me NOTHING, on the contrary: it frees up a lot of time and actually saves me money (no need to think about food, what I want to eat, go shopping, cooking, cleaning up etc.).
This time it was WAY easier than the previous 3 times I did it. I haven't felt any physical discomfort, no muscle aches. I didn't feel too hot either (lesson learned: much easier to dry fast in cold climates vs tropics LOL).
Few of my lessons I want to share:
1) It was so easy, I started considering doing it for longer (deeper healing happens on day 9). But then I realized a few things:
a) I expect transformation and change to be hard, and if it's too easy, I almost dismiss it.
b) it's such a great mirror. You know when you are really good at your job and do it fast, what happens? your boss often just gives you more work to do. That's what I about did to myself by wanting to extend the fast because it was too easy.
When I saw that, I decided to end on time, and celebrate instead!
2) There was not much old emotional stuff coming up and out (this was the hardest thing in the previous fasts). Woo hoo. I guess all those hours of meditations to shift the old habits into the new ones are paying off!
3) I connected to high levels of joy and bliss! And when I felt them, I noticed the parts of myself that wanted to keep it down! Like it was somehow not ok to feel too happy. Not sure where those programs are from, but it was great to notice them. And expand my comfort zone to feel more of strong positive emotions.
4) My sleep almost stayed normal (also new, as in the past dry fasts I slept light and little).
5) It is so nice again to get to the state of being present with NO inner voice always talking to me. Day 5, right on time, I got there. Now 5 days after starting to drink liquids I still mostly maintain it. And notice all the ways I want to escape the present moment.
6) My baseline for emotions has been reset. I woke up the other day with the feeling of bliss, joy and started to sing! Wow that hasn't happened in a long while!
7) I feel so much lighter! Not just physical weight, but energetic weight. I also got lots of feedback that I even look brighter. I think we are in our essence light. So when we let go of everything we are not (old programs, and draining emotions caused by them), we become more of ourselves.
My goal for this dry fast has definitely been achieved: to clear the old, so it's much easier to focus on the new, to focus on CREATING without the need to overcome my old self as much. I feel like I created a clean slate. And now my meditations are so much easier, and more enjoyable!
Also still lots of unknowns, but feeling way more comfortable with it, and finally replaced anxiety with excitement. Mission accomplished!