This time I celebrated my last day by jumping in the ocean, having an amazing massage and acupuncture session, and a group meditation. Best completion ever.
It's amazing the healings powers our body has when we get out of the way.
Disclaimer: even though I love dry fasting (for me), I don't recommend you do it without doing some research and without supervision if you are doing more than 3 days.
Now that we got that out of the way, I would like to share my experience.
This time it went even easier than all the previous ones. Mental/emotional releases weren't that intense. I did experience yet again the shift on the 5th day to a state of total presence, my mental chatter stopped completely. It was soo quiet... Ahhh...
Physically the hardest day was day 4, annoying dull muscle aches in my legs and lower back....
My sleep was way better this time too. If last times I slept much less, woke up in the middle of the nights many times, this time just the last couple nights I woke up in the middle of the night. I went for a short walk outside, breathed some fresh air, and went straight back to sleep.
Nice effects of fasting this time:
- I felt more connected to the positive emotions. In a few conversations I had I felt so touched by the story the other person was sharing, I she'd a few years of joy. Overall I feel more peaceful and relaxed.
- my nails grew all of a sudden, long and strong. Usually they are thin and bendy, but now they are strong.... I definitely did not expect that.
- as usual, I released some weight. That number stays pretty consistent. 12 lbs in 7 days. I know it will most likely come back in the next few months slowly, but I will enjoy my renewed body and face
- my skin looks way younger. It's shiny, many wrinkles disappeared. Didn't see that coming either...
- I went deeper into discovering myself. Shifted some beliefs. Felt quite a few feelings that were lingering under the surface (grief and anger), I didn't even realize they were there and yet I had them, they were just burrows pretty deep. I stepped out of my comfort zone, took a few steps in the direction on my dreams and goals that I didn't feel ready to take before. I also feel more love and acceptance to myself, this time on the unconditional side. I don't love myself because I achieve great things, and push well through struggles. I just felt today, it's all ok... If I go fast - great. If I want to go slower - it's ok too. If I want to take a break and rest - wonderful. Few times I came up to the mirror spontaneously and said "I love you" to myself. I don't usually do those kinds of things, but somehow I was inspired to do it, and it felt great.
- And I just love this process. Every time I feel I get closer to myself. Like I am shedding everything that is not me, internally and externally. It's hard to put in words, but it feels great.
Overall I feel happy I did it again. And looking forward to savoring all sorts of flavors that seem so rich! Water tasted sweet. Cabbage ferment that I made tastes spicy and salty and like a burst in my mouth, and yet it was just cabbage and water fermented with probiotics. Excited about fresh juices I get to enjoy tomorrow.
Below are the pictures of me before the fast and after. Plus my nails, because why not.